Thursday, October 18, 2012

Facing Forward

     These past months have been great. My associates degree is completed, we moved into a new apartment, I found a good job and I finally fulfilled my life long dream of having my own puppy :) his cuteness helps to make up for the constant pooping, peeing, crying and biting that happen on a regular basis. Its a challenge, and one that Joe wasn't too keen on taking on. But even after his initial coolness and indifference towards our puppy named Rush, he seems to be warming up to the little guy and is very good about helping me in the mornings when my brain isn't ready to cope with a whining puppy.
     Work is work, I don't hate it but its not my dream.  I feel I've moved up in the kwal world these last couple months and I do enjoy the hands on aspect of making paint but at the same time it can most definitely be trying at times dealing with men who either don't take me seriously as the only girl there, or are just crass and creepy. Although flattering, I very much dislike the many times I've been asked out by Hispanic painters that hardly speak English. The best one would have been the time I was hit on in front of my boss. Turns out the Hispanic guy who hit on my was married and has a history with starting fights with either employees... awesome.... needless to say but my boss has discouraged this man from coming in.
     As i mentioned, I am the only girl who works at this Kwal which isn't fun. Its a job though and it pays well.  But OHMYGOSH some of the other people are so irritating!! I consider myself fairly soft spoken but I've come very close to telling some of these people off, one person is just rude and offensive and can't stand the fact that I have seniority and much much much more knowledge and experience over him (thank you Buck's Ace Hardware)  he's mouthy to me and it drives me up a wall! Ugh but what's worse is that he's not even the worse one! Another employee is much nicer to me but is the worst worked I've ever seen! He has the worth ethic of a toddler! Sometimes he does good but other times it takes him three times as long to accomplish the easiest if tasks! he's also very arrogant and a terrible mooch! VENT VENT VENT VENT!!!

Sigh

I just wish I would have had the chance to get my schooling done to become a vet tech. That's my true dream job. But alas, it doesn't like that dream Will ever be a reality due to the fact that Joe still has mountains school finish and I want to start having babies! Maybe someday.....
    
     I've been looking to the past a lot recently. Whether it be my past goals, friends, lifestyle, or my past self. I just feel like I need to look forward and plan more fervently for the future I want instead of looking back at the life I once led. I need to stop dwelling on what could have been and start facing the facts, facing myself, and Facing Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment